Friday, December 28, 2007

Thoughts of Consulting - K.I.S.S

My father once told me to K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple, Stupid).

Keeping it simple is never an easy task especially when in business. Its been about 15 years since he gave me that wonderful thought and the principle hasn't left me. Moving away from a big wheel consulting firm has challenged my mind to just keep things simple for my own consulting business. While there are many functions that need to be in place (standardized procedures, contracts, and SLAs) there is a great deal of flexibly without the hierarchy of operation. For starters the company laptop of choice was a macbook pro! Taking it to another level entirely, I've made it a rule for myself not get bogged down in all this consulting verbiage locked in glossy powerpoint presentations. To keep it simple I've moved to glossy Keynote presentations. (I'll leave that for the experts to debate - Comment As Needed).

So in an effort to maximize the launch of LightCube Solutions I'll keep it simple.


No comments: