Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Moving to Wordpress

This is really just an informational post, and a test of sorts. We're moving our blog from Blogger.com to a locally installed version of Wordpress. There have been a number of articles written about Blogger vs. Wordpress, and I'm sure if you Google it you can find all sorts of views on the subject. When it comes down to it, it's really just a matter of perspective. We chose to move to Wordpress for the following main reasons:

  1. More editing functionality and possibilities.

  2. Easier template editing (in my opinion).

  3. Larger variety of plugins

  4. Completely installed and managed locally instead of publishing content to a local address through FTP.


If I wanted this to be a long post, I'm sure I could continue to find and list reasons. Suffice it to say that we're now using Wordpress and the URL for the site has changed. From now on, you can access us here: http://www.lightcubesolutions.com/blog/

No comments: